TAPS       Truckers Accounting and Permitting Service

"Since you helped me start my trucking company back in 1999, to today, you have always treated me like family. Keep your newsletter coming, I read it every month to keep up-to-date with the latest in the industry."

Maui, LTC

Trucking Permits

Trucking permits are required to collect taxes from interstate truckers for fuel and miles operated over the highways of the United States. Each state can have a different tax rate on the fuel purchased and miles driven.

Any truck over 26,001 lbs or in combination over 26,001 lbs must be permitted when traveling across state lines. Truckers can choose to get temporary permits or order annual permits. Annual fuel permits expire Dec. 31 of each year and temporary permits are typically good for 3 to 10 days. Truckers must also have license tags or temporary permits that allow you to cross state lines. Truck license Tags are valid for different durations based on the state of issue.

What happens if permits are expired or my truck doesn't have permits?

Trucks that lack the correct permits or have expired permits can be subject to serious penalties. The trucker will be fined and forced to obtain temporary permits. Above all else this means a bid delay. In some cases the trucker will be off loaded onto another properly permitted carrier at the trucker's expense. Time and money lost again. Even further, the truck can be impounded until all permit issues are taken care of.

Why is permitting better handled by TAPS?

Truckers Accounting and Permitting Service is a professional company that has your bottom line in mind. TAPS looks to make sure all of your permitting needs are taken care of so that you will not have any of the issues mentioned above. TAPS will renew annual permits one to two months prior to expiration dates. We are able to obtain Temporary Permits when traveling to a new destination that truckers do not have on your Apportioned TAGS.

"Our Experience Makes the Difference"